Introduction to FOSM - Friends Of St Mary's
What do we do?
Friends of St Mary's are an integral part of the school and have continuously been successful in raising funds and hosting many events within the community.
Every parent and carer with a child at the school is invited to be an active member of FOSM!
- Our main aim is to raise as much extra money as possible for the school
- Organise events & activities throughout the school year e.g Disco's, cake sales, St Patricks night
- Support local events promoting the school, such as Southam Carnival & Christmas light switch on
- Support national school events locally e.g Jamie Oliver's food revolution day - Live cooking event
- By creating events to raise money, we also contribute to the school community by providing children, parents, carers & teachers the opportunity to get to know each other & have fun!
- We provide support & refreshments for school organised events such as sports day & parents evening
- Provide Class Reps (shown below), which help to provide a link between parents, FOSM & teachers & will keep you up to date with class info/events.
- Within school we support teachers & staff where extra help may be needed
- Assisting children with reading in the classroom
- Escorting & providing help with children's weekly swimming lessons
- Labelling school equipment/books
To keep up to date with our events, please click here & remember to 'like' our Facebook page (Friends of St Mary's, Catholic Primary School (PTA), Southam) to see our regular updates and news.
What are the funds we raise used for?
The money raised is used to:
- Provide things that our children may not otherwise have at school & to support those things we need 'extra' funding for that aren't included in the schools main income.
- Recent contributions include: Little/Big stars artificial grass play area & a huge £2000 towards the new school perimeter fencing.
How can you get involved?
FOSM needs you!
We are always looking for new members, new ideas & new helpers getting involved is a great way to meet other parents, carers & to make new friends!
We hold a monthly meeting during term time in order to plan the years events & to create new ideas for raising money. All parents & carers are invited to attend the meetings, you do not have to be a committee member & you do not have to attend every meeting to make a difference!
If you would like to help FOSM in any way at all from helping out occasionally at events, contributing ideas or joining the committee please contact us!
You can get in touch by
- Leaving your details with the school office
- Speaking to any of the committee members
- Or enquiring through Facebook
Meet our committee members: